gcl fail

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Feb 1 14:47:32 PST 2012

On Jan 31, 2012, at 21:47, Phil Dobbin wrote:

> :info:build plt.h:1: error: ?_getc? undeclared here (not in a function)
> :info:build plt.h:2: error: ?_putc? undeclared here (not in a function)

This was mentioned here as well:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/12906#comment:7

The maintainer of this port has not been active for 3.5 years:

http://cia.vc/stats/author/waqar@macports.org

The latest version of the software is 6.5 years old:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gcl/

So this may be a lost cause.

However, you could check to see if any other package managers, for OS X or other OSes, has managed to package this software; if so, maybe we can borrow their patches.