Macports broken after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Mikhail Bautin bautin.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 16:08:55 PST 2012

Hello,

After I upgraded from Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard to 10.7 Lion, MacPorts
stopped working. Most installation operations would hang the system.
Getting a Lion-specific .dmg (2.0.3) and installing it did not fix the
issue. Now, even trying to do a "sudo port selfupdate" launches some
background processes that quickly render the machine unusable. I tracked
this to a "xcodebuild -version" call that took 100% CPU, but there might be
other reasons.
I would appreciate any pointers to what might be causing the issue and how
I can get Macports working on my system again.

Thanks,
--Mikhail