Issues doing a port upgrade with Xcode 4.3

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Feb 17 09:42:05 PST 2012

On Feb 17, 2012, at 11:55 AM, Stefan Scheidt wrote:
> $ sudo port upgrade outdated
> --->  Computing dependencies for subversion-perlbindings
> --->  Fetching archive for subversion-perlbindings
> --->  Attempting to fetch subversion-perlbindings-1.7.3_0.darwin_11.x86_64.tgz from http://packages.macports.org/subversion-perlbindings
> --->  Fetching subversion-perlbindings
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for subversion-perlbindings
> --->  Extracting subversion-perlbindings
> --->  Computing dependencies for subversion-perlbindings
> --->  Building subversion-perlbindings
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed (see log for details)
> Log for subversion-perlbindings is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_subversion-perlbindings/subversion-perlbindings/main.log
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1

that output is pretty useless to troubleshoot (although the main.log you attached has the necessary information).

> Any idears how to fix this? I really would like to avoid reinstalling macports and all ports...

It looks like perl's using the cc it was compiled with (which would have been /Developer/usr/bin/clang)

You can probably rebuild your perl like you rebuilt apr to get it to work

--
Daniel J. Luke