unable to compile libxml2 with Xcode 4.4

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez artemiog at mac.com
Sat Feb 18 14:01:34 PST 2012

On Feb 18, 2012, at 7:20 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Feb 18, 2012, at 11:54, Artemio Gonzalez Lopez wrote:
>
>> On Feb 18, 2012, at 6:33 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> jeremyhu committed some changes to sed and locale handling recently, both in base and in some ports individually, which I now presume was because of errors like this. What version of MacPorts? If 2.0.3, build from the latest trunk and try again.
>>
>> Ryan,
>>
>> Yes, I've got MacPorts 2.03, which I installed from scratch by building from source (downloaded from this link: https://distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts/MacPorts-2.0.3.tar.bz2). By "build from the latest trunk and try again", you mean installing from subversion, as instructed in MacPots' guide (http://guide.macports.org/#installing.macports.subversion)?
>
> Yes.

I just did that ("port version" reports now 2.0.99), but I run into the same error:

EBUG: sed: RE error: illegal byte sequence
    while executing
"exec /usr/bin/sed s|/etc|/opt/local/etc|g < /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_te..."
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval exec $cmdline"
Error: reinplace: sed: RE error: illegal byte sequence
Error: Target org.macports.extract returned: reinplace sed(1) failed
DEBUG: Backtrace: reinplace sed(1) failed
    while executing
"$post $targetname"

Any further ideas or suggestions?

Thanks again,