Help please

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sat Feb 18 17:49:41 PST 2012

G'day

for ages I've been using gnome-terminal. Today it would not start (The ONLY thing I did was allow firefox to upgrade)

This describes my fault exactly:
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/27235

dutifully I installed libgnome after selfupdate:
(
sh-3.2# port selfupdate
Warning: No index(es) found! Have you synced your source indexes?
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
MacPorts base version 2.0.3 installed,
MacPorts base version 2.0.3 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree
--->  MacPorts base is already the latest version

The ports tree has been updated. To upgrade your installed ports, you should run
  port upgrade outdated
)

sh-3.2# port install libgnome
Error: Unable to open port: couldn't read file "/opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/port1.0/portmirror.tcl": no such file or directory
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
sh-3.2#
sh-3.2#  (it's not there)
sh-3.2#
sh-3.2# ls /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/port1.0/
fetch_common.tcl	portdepends.tcl		portmain.tcl
pkgIndex.tcl		portdestroot.tcl	portpatch.tcl
port.tcl		portdistcheck.tcl	portstartupitem.tcl
port_autoconf.tcl	portdistfiles.tcl	portsubmit.tcl
portactivate.tcl	portextract.tcl		porttest.tcl
portbuild.tcl		portfetch.tcl		porttrace.tcl
portchecksum.tcl	portinstall.tcl		portuninstall.tcl
portclean.tcl		portlint.tcl		portunload.tcl
portconfigure.tcl	portlivecheck.tcl	portutil.tcl
portdeactivate.tcl	portload.tcl
sh-3.2#

Developer Information:

  Version:	4.0 (4A2002a)
  Location:	/Developer
  Applications:
  Xcode:	4.0.2 (99)
  Instruments:	4.0 (3538)
  Dashcode:	3.0.2 (333)
  SDKs:
  Mac OS X:
  10.6:	(4A2002a)

Can any kind sole guide me, I'm quite lost ...
Thanks
James