Can't build octave-ann

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Feb 19 16:52:26 PST 2012

On Feb 19, 2012, at 17:21, Yves S. Garret wrote:

> Just a question, but how can I make a more clean output?
>
> I'm seeing a similar problem with other build attempts :-/   such as octave-bioinfo and others.  Something tells me that a bigger problem is afoot.

"sudo port clean octave-ann". Then try again.

There's no "bigger problem", aside from the problem that people don't realize that when they try to build a port, and it fails, and they try again, MacPorts picks up from where they left off, rather than starting from the beginning, and the new main.log will only show the steps from where they left off the last time, not from the beginning. We need to see the full log starting from the beginning to know what went wrong.