VirtualBox does not compile in Lion

Jean-François Caron jfcaron at phas.ubc.ca
Sun Feb 19 17:07:03 PST 2012

On 2012-02-20, at 01:59 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2012, at 18:47, Jean-François Caron wrote:
>
>> In Lion I tried to install virtualbox, I get an error: "Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command failed" with the attached log.  I tried port clean virtualbox and reinstalling, with the same effects.
>
> The log says:
>
> :info:configure Checking for ssl:
> :info:configure   libcrypto not found at -I/opt/local/include /opt/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib /opt/local/lib/libssl.dylib or openssl headers not found
>
> This is surprising since the virtualbox port does declare a dependency on the openssl port and the openssl port should be providing those. What's the output of:
>
> port -v installed openssl
> port contents openssl

Well, I went ahead and just did port install openssl, but it turns out it was already installed three times over.  After the fourth installation (which replaced my +universal with a x86_64-only binary), I now get the following:

port -v installed openssl:
  openssl @1.0.0e_1+universal platform='darwin 11' archs='i386 x86_64'
  openssl @1.0.0f_0+universal platform='darwin 11' archs='i386 x86_64'
  openssl @1.0.0g_0 (active) platform='darwin 11' archs='x86_64'
  openssl @1.0.0g_0+universal platform='darwin 11' archs='i386 x86_64'

(previously the 1.0.0g_0+universal was active)

open contents openssl: