clamav and bzip2

John Brown jbb at vcn.com
Thu Feb 23 12:58:49 PST 2012

Dear Jeremy,

    Is your explanation for Apple publishing applications with known
bugs that I'm a troll?

    The `obsolete OS' excuse for that kind of action is completely
unethical. I'm just a very old coder, not a troll, and not accepting of
profits at any social cost. Putting broken stuff out for an unsuspecting
public IS unethical!

    So the OS is obsolete. Presenting bugs in the available downloads
is, let me repeat, unethical. Apple has a moral responsibility not to
publish buggy code and applications.

    Modern for it's own sake is the way down the rabbit hole to Alice's
land, or possibly it is Alice who gave us Lion. There is no Leopard or
Lion for this iBook, but it still works fine, except when the Apple
maintained bugs bite.

	Shalom,

	John B Brown
	jbb at vcn.com
	358 High Street
	Buffalo, Wyoming
	82834

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include
the freedom to make mistakes" Mahatma Gandhi
"There was never a good war, or a bad peace."
Benjamin Franklin
"I wonder whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on
or by imbeciles who really mean it." Mark Twain

1-307-684-9068