port variants or different port

Shiyuan gshy2014 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 11:38:58 PST 2012

Hello,
   1. I want to write a portfile for install the package auctex for emacs.
I have two emacs installed, one is Emacs.app(Cocoa), the other is emacs(for
non-graphical command line). Accordingly, I need to specify different
configuration for auctex, i.e., set -with-emacs -with-lisp-dir  to
different locations.  I want both Emacs.app and emacs can find the package
auctex. In this case, should I write two different port files and give the
port different names (auctex and auctex-app, for example) or should I make
one portfile with two different variants? I try the latter, but it seems
that only one variant is activated, that is, the lisp files only exist in
one lisp-dir. Are there any other options I can use to make two variants
activated at the same time?

 2. How can I see the the definition of Portfiles for a particular port
return by "port search xxport"?

Thanks.