java - macports conflict

David Graf david.graf at 28msec.com
Tue Jan 10 01:43:08 PST 2012

Hello

I am working on a C++ software project which uses amongst other things the
macport library libiconv. Moreover, my C++ projects uses a Java library
(fop) via jni. Unfortunately, this setup ends up in conflict I am unable to
fix. The problem is that my project and java is dependent on libiconv. But
my project is dependent on libiconv from macports, java dependent on
libiconv from the mac system.

Therefore, my library dependes now directly on libiconv from macports, and
indirectly via jni on libiconv from the system. This ends up in the
following error message:
Unable to load native library: libjava.jnilib

I have no clue how to fix this. Does someone have a clue? By the way, the
issue can be reproduced by executing DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib java.

Best
David

--
28msec Inc.