Re: MacPorts-2.0.3 can’t be installed on this computer.

Kristen McQuinn mcqu0060 at umn.edu
Wed Jan 11 08:34:24 PST 2012

Thank you for the response.

I followed the instructions to manually uninstall the files, but no files
were found.

I manually deleted the port, portindex, and portmirror files that I found
in /opt/local/bin.
Then I tried to install the MacPorts-2.0.3 dmg, but got the same error as
before (must install 1.7.1 first).

I'm still unsure on how install 1.7.1, or if this will fix it.  Any other
thoughts on how to get rid of the old installation?