Py MySQL Error

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 22:41:40 PST 2012

> Ah. I see there was a real problem. Fixed:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/changeset/88877
>
> The remaining problem you will experience if you try to install py-mysql
> right now is described here:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/32840#comment:13

I did get the same error:

jasper$ sudo port upgrade outdatedPortfile changed since last build;
discarding previous state.
--->  Computing dependencies for py-mysql
--->  Fetching archive for py-mysql
--->  Attempting to fetch py-mysql-1.2.3_0.darwin_10.noarch.tgz from
http://packages.macports.org/py-mysql
--->  Fetching py-mysql
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for py-mysql
--->  Extracting py-mysql
--->  Configuring py-mysql
--->  Building py-mysql
--->  Staging py-mysql into destroot
Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: can't read
"python.link_binaries": can't read "python.version": no such variable
Log for py-mysql is at:
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_python_py-mysql/py-mysql/main.log
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

> Note that py-mysql is a stub port; it does not install any software. To
> get actual software, you must select the specific version of python you
> want to use. For example, install py27-mysql to get the mysql module for
> use with python 2.7.

I did

sudo port install py27-mysql
--->  Computing dependencies for py27-mysql
--->  Cleaning py27-mysql

Error remains:

sudo port upgrade outdated
--->  Computing dependencies for py-mysql
--->  Staging py-mysql into destroot
Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: can't read
"python.link_binaries": can't read "python.version": no such variable
Log for py-mysql is at:
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_python_py-mysql/py-mysql/main.log
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1

So I guess that error breaking this "stub" port will remain for now? Will
it block me from updating MacPorts in the future until it is fixed?