Perl 5.14 ad default, and Irssi to use it

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 10:34:35 PST 2012

On 16/1/12 18:15, "Timothy Makobu" <makobu.mwambiriro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to make perl 5.14 the default perl in my system, and to make
> everything depending on perl accept that version?

Add /opt/local/bin/your/perl/here

to your .bash_profile & run cpan from /opt/local (put an alias to that cpan
in your .bash_profile too).

As an aside, for Perl I use perlbrew <perlbrew.pl>. Multiple Perls all
installed in your $HOME directory (no more using sudo), cpanm goodness &
lots more.

Cheers,

    Phil...

--
Some [people] feel that the best way to improve Perl would be to go
back in time and shoot the author before he wrote it.