postgresql91-server install

Érico ericomtx at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 15:47:51 PST 2012

Hello !!

Thks It worked !!

I have also installed wordpress @3.2.1_0

Can I use it with postgres ? or only with mysql ?

I have tried to use a outside wordpress (also 3.2.1) with macports
postgres  . For that I tried to use a plugin named : pg4wp

I have followed the instructions from the readme.txt that comes with the
compressed plugin

So I have :

Copied the `dp.php` from the `pg4wp` directory to wordpress `wp-content`
directory

And have modified the file to use 'pgsql'

It installs wordpress in postgres db ... and I can access the main site,
but when I try to go to admin area I get an error

http://localhost/pgwordpress/wp-admin/
where pgwordpress is my alias for wordpress as follows :

      Alias /pgwordpress/ "/opt/local/www/pgwordpress/"
           <Directory "/opt/local/www/pgwordpress/">
                Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
               DirectoryIndex index.php
               Order allow,deny
               Allow from all
         </Directory>

when I try to go to admin page I get :

http://localhost/pgwordpress/wp-admin/

You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

The access permission for my file system is set as following :
bash-3.2# ls -la /opt/local/www/pgwordpress/wp-admin/
total 1608
drwxrwxrwx@ 90 root  admin   3060 Dec 12 22:30 .
drwxrwxrwx@ 26 root  admin    884 Dec 19 21:43 ..
-rwxrwxrwx@  1 root  admin   9896 Dec  2 17:17 about.php
-rwxrwxrwx@  1 root  admin   6499 Oct 31 21:28 admin.php

I have set all dirs and files as rwxrwxrwx and the ownership for root:admin
... still get the same error after restarting apache ...

I have an outside macports wordpress (also 3.2.1) in macports sql and it is
working fine ...

I have not installed macports wordpress yet ... I wanted to use postgres
with wordpress ... and thought this plugin ( pg4wp ) would do ... but no
deal so far ...

Regards
Érico