How to run wordpress

mikel king mikel.king at olivent.com
Mon Jan 23 12:20:07 PST 2012

On Jan 21, 2012, at 12:33 PM, Michael Parchet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed the wordpress package to try it to migrate a websitee on this Now I wold like to start wordpress but I don't know how to start it
>
> Can you help me please ?
>
> Tanks
>
> Best regards
>
> mparchet

Michael,

	You need to ensure that you have installed the following;

		1. apache22
		2. php52
		3. mysql client & server
		4. wordpress

	The easiest way is to port install php52 +apache22+mysql5. You will also need to install the mysql5-server separately form the above. I highly encourage you to read through the docs on setting up mysql server it's very straight forward except the initialization of the db core (man mysql_install_db).

	Once you have successfully setup the basic database systems you will be able to connect as root to the db server on localhost. DO NOT enable outside network connections or you are asking for serious trouble. You will need to follow the setup of an empty db schema and appropriate user access. Do not set up wordpress to use your root account. Create a new db admin id for the WP site something akin to  siteadm and give it a unique password. Also don't forget to set the default password for the root user of your db server (this is different from the root shell user).

	Wordpress needs the siteadm and password for the sitedb before you can properly set it up.

	I hope that help clarify some of this for you. If you need more direction than this with the available documentation, perhaps it is time to hire a consultant and grant them ssh access to your server. Complete compilation aside this process should take approximately 2 hours on a bad day with a normal internet connection.

Regards,
Mikel King
BSD News Network
http://bsdnews.net