Problem for install GV

C D macosx12345 at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 27 02:36:59 PST 2012

  Hello,

On Jan 26, 2012, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> It now crashes on launch for me, and at least one other user. I don't know how to fix it. I'll have to contact the developer of gv.

 It crashes for me too, with the following message:

{{{
Warning: Representation size 4 must match superclass's to override highlightedFrameStyle
zsh: segmentation fault  gv
}}}

 A quick search led me to this page: http://epb.lbl.gov/xfig/faq.html where entry numer 15 might be a start for the search of the bug:

xfig says: "Warning: Representation size 4 must match superclass's to override underline"
POSSIBLE CAUSE AND SOLUTION:
The 3D menu widget (smeBSBObject) was used instead of the
2D version or vice versa (check -DXAW3D in Imakefile/Makefile)
Don't mix the 2D and 3D widget libraries (Xaw and Xaw3d) and header files.