how long for changes to propagate in macports?

James Long jdlong at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 11:03:08 PDT 2012

My apologies if this is in a FAQ. I looked but was unable to find the answer.

How long does it normally take for changes to ports to propagate from
check in to being able to be updated via selfupdate?

I'm asking because I am in need of version 0.8.0 of py-pandas which
appears to have been added to macports ~5 hours ago:
https://trac.macports.org/changeset/94919

However when I do a selfupdate then an `upgrade outdated` macports
thinks everything is up to date. I'm assuming this is because the
changeset has not propagated into the rsync directory or something
like that. Any tips to help me understand the process would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks to stromnov and all the other volunteers who keep macports up
to date so quickly!

-J