wine fails to load

Wahlstedt Jyrki jwa at macports.org
Sun Jul 22 00:35:17 PDT 2012

On 21.7.2012, at 22.41, Tim Sansom wrote:

> <snip>

> cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/
> an then tried to run it with
> wine Cisco Packet Tracer 5.3.3
> then i was confronted with this error
> Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
> wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\Cisco.exe"

Could this be the key to the problem instead of the dbus? Cisco Packet Tracer is the program name, so it should be in quotes, like "Cisco Packet Tracer" or Cisco\ Packet\ Tracer in order for Windows to show what to look for!? If it's not that, then you should find the proper program name?

> i did look on thier site on the dbus error and when i ran this
> launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist

> <snip>

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780 6366 EFD9 139C C386