looking for older Tcl/Tk ports

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 11:44:46 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Jim Graham <spooky130u at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for either a version of MacPorts or someone here, with Tcl/Tk
> 8.4.x (8.4.19 is the oldest) and Img 1.2.4.  I compiled Tcl/Tk 8.4.19,
> and everything looked fine, until I tried to use it.  It complained about
> Tk not being installed correctly (by make install).  Btw, I've got Mac
> OS X Lion (Mac Mini i7) ... as of Wednesday....  :-)

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/InstallingOlderPort has information on
how to get older ports (scan down past the first part, to "Installation").
 The ports tree does not have releases as such (it's a "rolling release"),
so you can't simply get an older version of the ports tree without doing a
search for a specific revision containing the port versions you want.