gfortran with Xcode 4.3.2 unreliable

Jason Swails jason.swails at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 04:59:37 PDT 2012

Hello,

There was a thread ~1 month ago regarding gfortran that was acting
strangely.  Here's a link to that thread:
http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2012-May/019098.html

I haven't seen any responses or anything to this, and I was wondering if
anyone else had run into issues trying to use gfortran from any of the
gcc4X builds using Xcode 4.3.x on Lion.

There seems to be something *seriously* wrong with the Fortran compiler
built with MacPorts -- in a very Fortran-heavy program suite, nearly half
of the tests are suddenly failing when built with these compilers even
after the selected_real_kind() issues are resolved.  And the failures are
not blatantly ridiculous, they're subtle, but currently I'm wary of
trusting anything the MacPorts-built GCC compilers (at least the Fortran
compilers) spit out.

Thanks!
Jason

--