Mongo ... where did it go?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jun 17 15:12:41 PDT 2012

On Jun 17, 2012, at 17:07, jeff at ayendesigns.com wrote:

> Ok. Is it worth removing the php5 port and installing the php5.3 one?

The php5 port will be deprecated and replaced_by the php53 port eventually. But before I can do that, the ports that depend on php still depend on php5; we need to work on adding php53 and php54 variants to all those ports so that they can use the new ports.

If you're just using PHP for your own projects, and not for any web apps installed by MacPorts, by all means use the new ports.