p5.12-class-container fails to install

Watch Dog watchdog6789 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 09:58:01 PDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Stefan Gräf <st.graef at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am getting a config error when installing p5.12-class-container
> under MacPorts v2.1.1 on Lion. Any help how to resolve this would be
> very much appreciated.
>
> Many thanks,
>  Stefan

I have not yet found a packaging system (macports, fink, pkgsrc,
homebrew, ...) that copes well with the needs of serious Perl coding
on OS X.  They all eventually fall over, in my experience[*].  If you
do more than casual Perl hacking, do yourself a favor.  Install
perlbrew, then install cpanminus (bundled with perlbrew).  As an added
bonus, set up a private CPAN mirror (either a mini or the whole
magilla) and tell cpanminus how to find it.  Congratulate yourself.
Don't look back.  You won't regret it.

[*] The macports-installed Perl has worked OK for me for the
occasional modules that are required by other ports.  Those should get
proper testing as part of creation/test of the ports in question.

WD