[EXTERNAL] Re: How do I install an older version of Boost?

Mclendon, William C III wcmclen at sandia.gov
Wed Mar 14 13:08:54 PDT 2012

Thanks for the info...

I didn't really upgrade, rather I removed /opt/local entirely and
reinstalled ports because selfupdate got fully broken (I tried
reinstalling ports alone and that didn't fix it so I kind of went with the
nuclear option).  So the only version available now from ports is 1.49

I did keep a backup around of that directory and tried copying
/opt/local.backup/var/macports/software/boost/boost-1.48.0_4.darwin_10.x86_
64.tbz2 to /opt/local/var/macports/software/boost but I can't get port to
do anything with it.

So.... I think at this point, the easier option for me to do is to just
get boost directly from boost.org and manually install it and remove the
macports one.  I looked at the link and it seemed like it's pretty
involved... I know how to manually install Boost so I'll just do that
rather than try to hack my port configurations ;-)

FWIW, It seems odd to me to remove the capability to install the prior
version of boost (1.48) so soon after Boost 1.49 is released.  It's not
even been out a month  :/