MacPorts 2.0.4 and recommendation for Lion Xcode version

Tabitha McNerney tabithamc at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 02:56:56 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

My boss asked me to install MacPorts on a new iMac that arrived to our
office last week, and it shipped with Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (so we probably
can't run Snow Leopard on it). I've downloaded MacPorts 2.0.4 but I'm
wondering if I should install it using a slightly older version of Xcode
for Lion (like 4.2.1) or if its generally ok and recommended to use
MacPorts 2.0.4 with Xcode 4.3.1 (which is the current version offered in
the App Store)? I ask because I seem to recall not too long ago there were
some problems with getting MacPorts to work well with Xcode 4.3.x.

Thank you for any recommendations,

-Tabitha