installing git-core (to upgrade OpenSSL) leads to errors

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Sat Mar 17 20:58:31 PDT 2012

> 1. On computer "A" I upgraded Postgres server from 9.0.x to 9.1.3, and Postgis 1.5.3. This caused Geos to be upgraded from 3.3.0 to 3.3.1, but caused gdal 1.8.0 to break. I fixed this by upgrading gdal 1.8.0 to gdal 1.9.0, but am wondering, why didn't gdal also upgrade when Geos was updated? Anyway, all solved, although it caused an hour or so of mystifying errors.

Likely a missing dependency. Please file a ticket against the port and cc the maintainer (if there's one).

> 2. Somewhere along the line, I guess my OpenSSL got updated, and now, everytime I try to do a `git push` to another server, I get the following error
>
> 	OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 1000005f, you have 1000100f
> 	fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

This was recently addressed. Please `sudo port selfupdate` (twice never hurts) and `port upgrade outdated`.

> In any case, I decided to update it all to the latest MacPorts version, and have now hit a snag with the following message on doing `sudo port install git-core`
>
> 	Error: Dependency 'p5.12-error' not found.
> 	Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
> 	To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
>
> Keep in mind, a boat load of stuff got installed, before this error happened, so I am not sure what is going on.

Whatever depends on 5.12-error didn't get upgraded. The port exists so I'm not sure why MacPorts is reporting that it doesn't exist.