Problem with Freetype 2.4.9 (ghostscript)

Saurav Dhital saudhital at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 08:43:26 PDT 2012

Hi,

I upgraded to ghostscript 9.05 and freetype 2.4.9 recently  and get the following error whenever ghostscript is invoked:

GPL Ghostscript 9.05: Error: Font Renderer Plugin ( FreeType ) return code = -1

This seems like a recent problem after freetype went to 2.4.9 about a week ago; somebody was able to fix it by installing ghostscript-svn from AUR (https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1072377). However, I have no idea as to how fix it for MacPorts. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
~Saurav

Saurav Dhital
Boston University