Problem installing gcc47

Howard Matis hsmatis at lbl.gov
Mon Mar 19 23:51:46 PDT 2012

I have two problems:

1) I am getting an error which I can't fix.  I have the latest version of Xcode and installed the command line.

Howards-Laptop:~ matis$ sudo port install gcc47 +ssl
Warning: xcodebuild exists but failed to execute
Warning: Xcode appears to be installed but xcodebuild is unusable; some ports will likely fail to build.
Warning: You may need to run `sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app`
--->  Computing dependencies for gcc47
--->  Staging gcc47 into destroot
--->  Installing gcc47 @4.7-20120225_0
--->  Activating gcc47 @4.7-20120225_0
--->  Cleaning gcc47

Howards-Laptop:bin matis$ sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app
Howards-Laptop:bin matis$ sudo port activate gcc4.7
Warning: xcodebuild exists but failed to execute
Error: port activate failed: Registry error: gcc4.7 is not installed.
Howards-Laptop:bin matis$ xcodebuild
error: can't exec '/Applications/Xcode.app/usr/bin/xcodebuild' (No such file or directory)
Howards-Laptop:bin matis$ whereis xcodebuild
/usr/bin/xcodebuild

How can I get the correct version of xcodebuild.

2)  Also,  I try to run an executable and I get

Howards-Laptop:eventbin matis$ gcc-mp-4.7 readeventbin.f
gcc-mp-4.7: error: readeventbin.f: Fortran compiler not installed on this system

How do I install the Fortran Compiler or run the g47 compiler properly?

Howard Matis