QT4-mac 32 bit Quartz Carbon

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Mar 25 20:43:25 PDT 2012

On Mar 25, 2012, at 11:05, Craig Treleaven wrote:

> I want to install QT4-mac as using Quartz, which is the default variant,

Right. So you don't need to do anything special; just install qt4-mac and you'll get quartz.

> even though my Mac is 64 bit (early 2011 MBP).

The bitness of your Mac has no bearing on this discussion. I did not understand why you wrote "32 bit" in the subject line of this email. On 64-bit Macs running Snow Leopard or later, MacPorts ports will build 64-bit if possible, and with qt4-mac (as with most other ports) it is possible.

> The command I used was:
>
>> $ sudo port -v install qt4-mac +mysql -sqlite2
>
> It seems that MacPorts determined the machine architecture and overrode the default variant resulting in QT4-mac using Coca. Snippet from the configure output is:
>
>> Build type:    macx-g++
>> Architecture:  macosx ( x86_64 )
>> Using framework: Cocoa

According to "port variants qt4-mac", the quartz variant "Build(s qt4-mac) for Native OSX Quartz GUI, not X11". So this variant has to do with how the GUI is displayed -- either with OSX native elements (quartz) or with X11 elements.

Cocoa is always used on OSX. Cocoa does not relate directly to the GUI.

>> qmake vars .......... cat: .qmake.vars: No such file or directory
>> qmake switches .........
>> Build .................. libs tools docs translations
>> Configuration ..........  system-sqlite release shared dll largefile stl precompile_header mmx 3dnow sse sse2 sse3 ssse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 x86_64 absolute_library_soname  minimal-config small-config medium-config large-config full-config dwarf2 qt3support accessibility opengl reduce_exports ipv6 getaddrinfo ipv6ifname getifaddrs system-jpeg system-mng system-png png system-tiff no-freetype system-zlib nis cups iconv dbus dbus-linked openssl-linked corewlan xmlpatterns multimedia audio-backend svg script scripttools declarative release  x86_64
>
> Also, I tried to override sqlite but ended up with it anyway?

The sqlite2 variant enables sqlite2 support. sqlite2 is very old and probably nobody needs this anymore.

The port always includes sqlite3 support; you cannot turn it off.