Error Upgrading Atlas

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Sat May 19 04:29:37 PDT 2012

Did another selfupdate and sudo port upgrade outdated. Now a different
error:

DEBUG: gzip 1.4_0 exists in the ports tree
DEBUG: gzip 1.4_0  is the latest installed
DEBUG: gzip 1.4_0  is active
DEBUG: Merging existing variants '' into variants
DEBUG: new fully merged portvariants:
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/archivers/gzip
DEBUG: OS darwin/11.4.0 (Mac OS X 10.7) arch i386
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.unload registered provides 'unload', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Reading variant descriptions from /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/_resources/port1.0/variant_descriptions.conf
DEBUG: No need to upgrade! gzip 1.4_0 >= gzip 1.4_0
DEBUG: Attempting ln -sf
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_math_atlas/atlas/work
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/math/atlas/work
Error: Requested variants "+clang" do not match original selection "+gcc44".
Please use the same variants again, perform 'port clean atlas' or specify
the force option (-f).
Error: Problem while installing atlas
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets