Atlas compiling causes havoc

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Sat May 19 23:51:09 PDT 2012

sudo port upgrade outdated was the command I used and it requested for a
new installation of Atlas. My MacPorts config is:

# MacPorts system wide configuration file
# $Id: macports.conf.in 55280 2009-08-08 02:45:30Z jmr at macports.org $

# Set the directory in which to install ports
prefix /opt/local

# Set the user to run MacPorts compiles, etc as when privileges are dropped
during an install
macportsuser root

# Where to store MacPorts working data
portdbpath /opt/local/var/macports

# Type of storage to use for the port registry information, "flat" or
"sqlite"
# NOTE: sqlite not yet supported.
portdbformat sqlite

# Type of installation to do for ports, "direct" or "image".  See
macports.conf(5) and online documentation.
portinstalltype image

# PATH settings that are used for external tools (configure, make, etc.)
while installing ports. The default
# paths are given in the example; it need not be uncommented.  Customizing
binpath is intended for advanced users only.
#binpath /opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin

# Directory containing Xcode Tools
developer_dir       /Developer

# Directory containing Applications from ports.
applications_dir /Applications/MacPorts

# Directory containing Frameworks from ports.
frameworks_dir /opt/local/Library/Frameworks

# Where to find the sources list.
sources_conf /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf

# Where to find global variants definition file (optional)
variants_conf /opt/local/etc/macports/variants.conf

# Create and use binary archive packages for installation/reinstallation
ease
portarchivemode no

# Where to store/retrieve ports binary archive files
portarchivepath /opt/local/var/macports/packages

# Type of binary archive packages to create when using archive mode
#
# Note: Multiple types ARE allowed and must be a colon or comma
# separated list of choices (NO spaces). Use of multiple types will
# cause archive creation to build all the specified types in one step.
# Unarchive uses multiple types as a search list to locate the archive,
# first archive to match one of the specified types in order is used.
#
# Supported types: tgz (default), tar, tbz, tbz2, tlz, txz, xar, zip, cpgz,
cpio
portarchivetype tgz

# CPU architecture to compile for. Defaults to i386 or ppc on Mac OS X 10.5
# and earlier, depending on the CPU type detected at runtime. On Mac OS X
10.6
# the default is x86_64 if the CPU supports it, i386 otherwise.
#build_arch i386

# Use ccache (C/C++ compiler cache) - see http://ccache.samba.org/
configureccache no

# Use distcc (distributed compiler) - see http://distcc.samba.org/
configuredistcc no

# Use pipes rather than intermediate files when compiling C/C++/etc
configurepipe no

# Lowered scheduling priority (0-20) to use for make when building ports
buildnicevalue 0

# Number of simultaneous make jobs (commands) to use when building ports.
This
# value may be set to 0 so the number of simultaneous make jobs will be set
# the number of CPU cores that are automatically detected, or the number of
GB
# of physical memory plus one, whichever is less.
#buildmakejobs 0

# Set whether to automatically execute "clean" after "install" of ports
portautoclean yes

# Rsync server to fetch MacPorts sources from. Note that this is only used
# for selfupdate. The source(s) for the ports tree are set in sources.conf.
# Known mirrors at time of writing (see
http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Mirrors
# for the current list):
#   rsync.macports.org        - California, USA (master)
#   trd.no.rsync.macports.org - Trondheim, Norway
rsync_server rsync.macports.org

# Rsync directory from which to pull the base/ component (infrastructure)
of MacPorts
rsync_dir release/base/

# Rsync options
rsync_options -rtzv --delete-after

# Options for Universal Binaries (+universal variant)

# machine architectures
universal_archs x86_64 i386

# Options for generated startup items
# startupitem_type may be "default", "systemstarter", "launchd", or "none";
# if the option is empty or "default" then a startupitem type appropriate
# to the platform will be chosen. Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger and above will
default to
# launchd, while older Mac OS X systems will default to systemstarter. If
# option "none" is chosen, port startupitems are ignored and no startupitems
# are installed.
startupitem_type default

# Extra environment variables to keep. Any variables listed here are added
# to the list of variables that are not removed from the environment used
# while processing ports
# extra_env KEEP_THIS THIS_TOO

# Proxy support
# Precedence is: env, macports.conf, System Preferences
# That is, if it's set in the environment, that will be used instead of
# anything here or in System Preferences.  Setting proxy_override_env to yes
# will cause any proxies set here (or in System Preferences if set there but
# not here) to override what's in the environment.
# Note that System Preferences doesn't have an rsync proxy definition.
# Also note, on 10.5, sudo will clear many environment variables including
# those for proxy support.
# Equivalent envioronment variables: http_proxy, HTTPS_PROXY, FTP_PROXY,
# RSYNC_PROXY, NO_PROXY
#
#proxy_override_env    yes
# HTTP proxy:
#proxy_http            hostname:12345
# HTTPS proxy:
#proxy_https       hostname:12345
# FTP proxy:
#proxy_ftp         hostname:12345
# rsync proxy:
#proxy_rsync       hostname:12345
# hosts not to go through the proxy (comma-separated, applies to HTTP,
HTTPS,
# and FTP, but not rsync):
#proxy_skip            internal1, internal2, internal3