How to revert to Postfix 2.5.5 on Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Nov 12 10:52:51 PST 2012

On Nov 12, 2012, at 12:12, Christopher Rasch <crasch at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've downloaded what I think is the last MacPorts Postfix 2.5.5 revision:
>
> $ svn co -r 56520 http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/mail/postfix

> make: *** No rule to make target `makefiles'.  Stop.

MacPorts has changed in the years since this revision of the Portfile was current. It used to be that the working directory was pretty reliably ${worksrcpath}, but that's no longer the case in current versions of MacPorts. Ports must now explicitly set the working directory as needed.

Find this part of the portfile:

configure {
    system "make makefiles CCARGS=\"${CCARGS}\" AUXLIBS=\"${AUXLIBS}\""
}

Change it to:

configure {
    system -W ${worksrcpath} "make makefiles CCARGS=\"${CCARGS}\" AUXLIBS=\"${AUXLIBS}\""
}