FreeBSD partition

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Nov 13 07:52:41 PST 2012

 On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:20 AM, Raoul <rmgls at free.fr> wrote:

> is there a way to mount "WR" or at least "R" a FreeBSD partition
> on osx 10.8XX???

I assume you're talking about a UFS partition. I wanted to do the same
recently and while OS X should support UFS, I've found that there are two
flavors of UFS that differ in endianness. FreeBSD uses little endian and OS
X uses big, even on Intel. I have not found a way to share data between OS
X and FreeBSD using UFS.

Now that Zevo [1] is available though, you could use ZFS, though I imagine
the issue is that the data is already on a UFS partition and you're hoping
to recover that data.

[1]: http://www.getgreenbytes.com/zevo/

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448