Cleaning up Perl mess

Alejandro Imass aimass at yabarana.com
Thu Nov 15 15:11:47 PST 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Jeremy Lavergne
<jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org> wrote:
>> The question is how do I go about cleaning / fixing this?
>
> You could force upgrade everything that's active, that will make MacPorts reinstall the files from its archives. You can add "and category:perl" to narrow down what will get reinstalled, or replace "active and category:perl" with specific ports.
>
> sudo port upgrade --force active and category:perl

I think I had already tried port upgrade everything and nothing. I
tried your suggestion above hoping that the category would force the
fix on Perl but it didn't. Also, I can't seem to get port to tell me
exactly which binary is complaining about the lining errors. Anyway
after a long upgrade process, same thang:

--->  Cleaning p5.12-term-readkey
--->  Updating database of binaries: 100.0%
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 4.4%
Warning: Error parsing file
/opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.3/darwin-multi-2level/auto/Net/Libproxy/Libproxy.dylib:
Error opening or reading file

[....]

--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 7.7%
Warning: Error parsing file
/opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.3/darwin-multi-2level/auto/SNMP/SNMP.bundle:
Error opening or reading file
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  No broken files found.