Cleaning up Perl mess

Alejandro Imass aimass at yabarana.com
Fri Nov 16 18:32:10 PST 2012

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2012, at 14:48, Daniel J. Luke  wrote:
>
>> If you have a bunch of modules that you installed yourself (not with macports) then you'll have to deal with them yourself as well.
>
> We usually recommend you not install perl modules yourself, nor install any other software into the MacPorts prefix unless you do so using MacPorts. If you need to install perl modules or other software that MacPorts doesn't provide, you could create Portfiles for them and submit them to us via the issue tracker, or at least file port request tickets and eventually someone might create them.

I always use the CPAN shell. These modules that I erased by mistake I
think are pragmatic and/or standard distribution ones with the Perl
port. As I mentioned earlier I just wanted to cleanup the older Perl
installs. At the time I was unaware of the "uninstall inactive"
subcommand and I was cleaning up the old Perl modules by hand and I
thought I was erasing my CPAN installed ones.

It seems to have gotten fixed with all the suggestions above but I
can't say for sure what fixed it.

--
Alejandro Imass