Kerberos 5 klist -s segfaults on expired ticket

Leo Singer aronnax at macports.org
Sat Nov 24 16:30:40 PST 2012

On Nov 24, 2012, at 12:00 PM, macports-users-request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 10:42:16 -0800
> From: Joseph Areeda <newsreply at areeda.com>
> To: "macports-users at lists.macosforge.org"
> 	<macports-users at lists.macosforge.org>
> Subject: Kerberos 5 klist -s segfaults on expired ticket
>
> Greetings,
>
> I'm working on Mac OS 10.7.5 Lion. with
>> port info kerberos5
>> kerberos5 @1.7.2 (net, security)
> I know Lion has it's own Kerberos, incompatible with the port but I'm
> working with a class library that links against Kerb and the developer
> says we have to have the port.
>
> I have a script that tests for a valid kerberos ticket by running klist -s
>
> It works find if I have a valid ticket or now ticket but if the ticket
> is expired I get:
>
>> $ /opt/local/bin/klist -s
>> Segmentation fault: 11
>
> Any suggestions?  Is there another way to test for a valid ticket?
>
> Joe

It looks like this segfault was fixed in krb5-1.10.

See the latest MIT Kerberos changelog, <http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-latest/README-1.10.2.txt>, and Kerberos ticket #6915, <http://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?user=guest&pass=guest&id=6915>.

If you like, you could open MacPorts ticket to update the kerberos5 port.

Cheers,
Leo