Gnucash, python bindings, snow leopard

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Wed Oct 3 12:14:06 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 11:52:07AM -0500, ... wrote:
> > sudo port install gnucash +python27
> > export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/opt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages
>
> and everything should work.  Gnucash installs but there are no python
> bindings.  Like, there is nothing related to gnucash at
> /opt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages  and I get the following
> (paraphrased) errors

This is the wrong path. MacPorts python 2.7 packages get installed into
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages
If you installed gnucash +python27, you should find a 'gnucash'
directory in there.

The easiest way to use this is to use MacPorts's python interpreter,
which is installed at /opt/local/bin/python2.7. If you want to make
that the default, `port select python` can help you do that.

Setting PYTHONPATH to the correct site-packages and using Apple's
python27 inerpreter might work too, but I haven't tried it.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports                UW CSE                http://drkp.net/