filezilla and wxWidgets on Lion

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 03:56:30 PDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Wahlstedt Jyrki wrote:

> On 4.10.2012, at 13.02, Degang Wu wrote:
>
>> wxWidgets cannot be built on Lion,

It works for me (does it perhaps only work with older Xcode?), but
that doesn't make the rest of the question obsolete.

>> so one of the dependencies of filezilla cannot be fulfilled on Lion. wxWidgets-devel is fine, but there is no variant of filezilla that use wxWidgets-devel. How to build filezilla on Lion?
>
> Hi,
> it could perhaps be a good idea to make a ticket requesting filezilla maintainer to add that variant (there is now already, in place of wxWidgets-devel, the port wxWidgets30 that is now of the same version, 2.9.4, as the -devel, but as the next stable release is coming soonish, let's hope so, we already anticipate that, also this -devel version is supposed to be of good quality, so perhaps the filezilla could be made to depend on that).

I completely agree with that part (the need to add functionality to
the port). However I have a couple of questions:

1.) In past wxwidgets was conflicting with wxwidgets-devel. How can I
overcome the problem of wx-config (which is almost the only
problematic/conflicting file)?

Error: org.macports.activate for port wxWidgets30 returned: Image
error: /opt/local/bin/wx-config is being used by the active
wxWidgets-devel port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use 'port
-f activate wxWidgets30' to force the activation.

2.) What are the guidelines for port maintainers (I didn't see that
wxWidgets30 was present)? I already provide +wxwidgets_devel variant.
How should I enable the user to use wxWidgets30 instead of
wxWidgets_devel? How should the variants be called and how should they
be implemented? Is there any way to create a wxWidgets PortGroup to
take care of some "nasty" wxWidgets-related aspects?

Mojca