I need consultation on running WINE on the Mac

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Oct 19 15:07:53 PDT 2012

On Oct 19, 2012, at 17:01, William H. Magill wrote:

> Ok. I have the wine-crossover port and Xquartz installed...  It crashes just as the normal CrossOver does.
> So I assume that the normal "port install" installs an unpatched version.

I thought Josh committed the patch to the wine-crossover port as part of this revision:

https://trac.macports.org/changeset/98794

This was the same revision in which he updated the port to 11.2.2 so if you have an earlier version, "sudo port selfupdate" and "sudo port upgrade outdated".

> So, how do I apply the patch?
>
> As best I can tell, there is no "source" tree left around after the install, only the tar file.

If you needed to manually apply patches, you could follow these instructions:

http://guide.macports.org/chunked/development.patches.html#development.patches.applying