SyCoCa - Fixing broken KDE apps

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 07:28:59 PDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:

>         I would suggest "kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental" after installing
> or activating
>         kdelibs4, i.e. a rebuild the whole cache, and "kbuildsycoca4"
> after all other
>         KDE-related installations or activations, i.e. update the cache.

This may reveal other issues...

aral:90126 Z$ kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental

kbuildsycoca4 running...

kbuildsycoca4(73086) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories
> in "/opt/local/share/applications/xsane.desktop" is not compliant with XDG
> standard (missing trailing semicolon).

And it exits immediately.  I do not see an option to be lenient or ignore
errors.  (Although maybe it was not treated as fatal, as fixing the above
and re-running also exited immediately.)

I have to admit that I thought incremental kbuildsycoca4 was run as part of
kdeinit, though, so running it by hand should not be necessary unless kde4
is not initializing itself properly on OS X.