Installing Wine through ports

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Apr 24 20:30:28 PDT 2013

On Apr 24, 2013, at 22:27, Daniel Pesch wrote:

> Am 25.04.13 04:28 schrieb "Ryan Schmidt"
>
>> On Apr 24, 2013, at 21:01, Daniel Pesch wrote:
>>
>>> Cleaning didn't work, so here is the log:
>>>
>>> http://pastebin.com/s3jF4eBh
>>
>> The log says:
>>
>> :info:configure checking for C compiler default output... configure:
>> error: C compiler cannot create executables
>>
>> You need to install Xcode and the command line tools. See the FAQ:
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#missingxcode
>
> Xcode and command line tools are already installed, those previous
> dependencies that wine needs, were installed just fine. At the bottom of
> the log it says cd "..." & ./configure error... I think thats the issue,
> but don't know why.

The issue is the C compiler says it cannot create executables.

If you're sure Xcode and the command line tools are installed, consult the config.log in this directory:

/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_devel_ncurses/ncurses/work/ncurses-5.9

It should have a more-detailed error message.