openDKIM, unbound, ldns

Stubbs Jeff jeff at cjstubbs.org
Tue Aug 20 19:04:53 PDT 2013

Hi All,

Wanted to integrate DomainKeys with the firm's Postfix mail server. So when I spotted the openDKIM port in the repository, I tried to install the dependencies first. The ldns port failed first attempt. Running the  install command in verbose mode, I noticed that it was failing in the configure phase while checking for an option in the OpenSSL library. Added "--disable-ecdsa" to the config.args line in the Portfile. Second attempt successfully installed the port. Stepped up a level, and tried to install the unbound port. That failed for the same reason. Hacked the unbound Portfile, modifying the config.arg line to add the same option. Successful install. I hacked the openDKIM port to change to the latest version and modified the checksum. It successfully installed on the first try.

I'm going to start testing the system shortly, but was curious if any one was able to install the ports without modification?

System Info: 1.25 GHz G4 Mini, OS 10.5.8, MacPorts 2.2.0

If testing goes well, here's the mods I made to the Portfiles.

ldns port:
added "--disable-ecdsa" to the config.args line
modified the deployment target to "macosx_deployment_target 10.5"
(Don't know why I modified the target, but it didn't have any visible effect)

unbound port:
added "--disable-ecdsa" to the config.args line

openDKIM:
modified version to 2.8.4
modified checksums.

Should I pass along this info to the maintainers?