Link Error Using gcc49 port on Mac OS 10.9

Geoffrey Odhner Geoffrey at Odhner.net
Thu Dec 5 21:10:35 PST 2013

I just installed MacPorts, and gcc49, and tried to compile a simple
program, which really should work, but I'm getting a link error.  I
narrowed it down, and if I take out the use of any regex then it will
link.  I can leave in the #include <regex> line, but if I have any line
that actually does a regex_search or a regex_replace, then I get the
following error output when I compile and link (with my compile line
shown first):

g++-mp-4.9 -std=c++11 -ggdb test-program.cxx -o test-program
   "__istype(int, unsigned long)", referenced from:
       std::ctype<char>::is(unsigned long, char) const in test-program.o

Can anyone help me?  I don't know what to do next.

Regards,

Geoffrey Odhner