How to make c++ realize empty character constant ''?

Jean Gobin jeanfgobin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 06:29:43 PST 2013

It seems to me you are trying to "assign" a character value to a string.

A character is a single 8-bit (or 9 or 10 or 16 or 32 ...) value. A string
is a series of characters, terminated or not.

Assuming you have the proper classes, you overloaded what needs to be, at
best your assignment should look like

frac_str = "";

J.

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 4:51 AM, Chris Jones <jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk>wrote:

>  If you're trying to make a C/C++ string, perhaps you want '\0'. But I
>> can't tell what language you are working with or what exactly you are
>> trying to accomplish.
>>

> The code that was posted by the OP sure isn't C++... Been a while since I
> used it, but looks like fortran to me..

Jean Gobin, Ing., CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security
http://newsfromjean.blogspot.com/