Installing mysql for digikam /resetting mysql user data

David Lyon gtmdhl at vfemail.net
Thu Dec 12 10:07:15 PST 2013

To try to clarify my earlier e-mail. You kindly provided the following
resource (http://userbase.kde.org/Digikam/Using_digiKam_with_MySQL) and
suggested from the support page that the port was 3306. It may be but the
date of that information was 3/14/11. Nonetheless, on that same page the
illustration suggests that the Host Name is 192.168.1.11. And as I said, I
saw during my effort to install the mysql server that my DI was 10.
Perhaps it was referring to something else but I assumed that it had
generated the user-name for the new account. So I launched digikam and it
seemed much more stable than ever before. I opened preferences and
installed the newly acquired data-(Port 3306/Host Name 192.168.1.11/User
ID 10/ Password [the one that was confirmed]. I quit digikam. The attempt
to re open provided the error message:
ash-3.2$ /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/digikam.app/COntents/MacOS/digikam
digikam(4634)/digikam (core) Digikam::AlbumWatch::connectToKDirWatch:
KDirWatch method =  "FAM"
digikam(4634)/digikam (core) Digikam::AlbumManager::setDatabase:
DatabaseParameters: [ Type "QMYSQL", Name "digikam" (Thumbnails Name
"thumbnails-digikam"); Host Name and Port: "192.168.1.11" 3306; Username
and Password: "10", "selkirk"]
digikam(4634)/digikam (core): Error while opening the database. Error
details [ QSqlError(2003, "QMYSQL: Unable to connect", "Can't connect to
MySQL server on '192.168.1.11' (60)") ]
2013-12-12 09:59:41.189 digikam[4634:507] modalSession has been exited
prematurely - check for a reentrant call to endModalSession:
digikam(4634)/digikam (core): Error while opening the database. Error
details [ QSqlError(2003, "QMYSQL: Unable to connect", "Can't connect to
MySQL server on '192.168.1.11' (60)") ]
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is still
in use, all queries will cease to work.

And now digikam will not open so I need to change some settings on the
mysql server. Therefore I have been trying to find
resources that will allow me to determine the HOST and PORT and confirm my
user-name and pw. I was able to find the attached. I presume that by
executing the proper code and sequence, one can access information on the
mysql server. I have been trying various configurations but all seem to
return me to the code page (attached-same one).

For example if I wanted to find the port : "from code page: -P,
--port=#        Port number to use for connection or 0 for default to, in
order of preference, my.cnf, $MYSQL_TCP_PORT,  /etc/services, built-in
default (3306)."

How would I format the request?
sudo /opt/local/bin/mysqladmin5 -P --port#
or
sudo /opt/local/bin/mysqladmin5 -P, --port#      Etc-I have tried several
sequences but the command and others using different codes for various
discreet information from the code list only return me to the code page.

I am sorry that I have confused things but if I can modify correctly
through the mysql server the critical account information, I think digikam
will be operational. I have all the documentation which I have been
through and could easily create a flow sheet to successfully install
digikam on Mac OS 109 if that would be helpful.
Sincerely
David

VFEmail.net - http://www.vfemail.net
ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!