Difficulties with Pallet

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 17:49:33 PST 2013

On 06/02/2013, at 12:09 PM, Ian Wadham wrote:
> I have set up the Pallet source code in an Xcode 4.6 project, with Macports_
> Framework as an external framework, located down in /opt/local/LibraryFrameworks
> (ie. installed by Macports).  Pallet compiles OK, but with quite a few warnings (yellow
> exclamation marks), most of which I have fixed.  But now I get three linker errors:
>
> <snip>
> BTW I changed the Xcode project to "My Mac 32-bit", as a stab in the dark.  I have
> MacPorts_Framework @1.2.1_1 (active) installed, ie. no +universal variant.

It builds now, but why?  What was wrong before?  I found a place in the Project
attributes where it says "->Architectures" with five drop-down alternatives:

    32-bit Intel, 64-bit Intel, Standard (32/64-bit Intel),
    Native Architecture of Build Machine and Other…

The 2nd and 4th will build, but the 1st and 3rd will not.  Funny, I am sure 64-bit
(my Xcode's default) was not building before … :-(

Cheers, Ian W.