X server on Mountain Lion (was: any good audio/video editing apps in macports?)

Jim Graham spooky130u at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 12:04:21 PST 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 02:57:26PM -0500, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> Moreover, ML provides a stub that offers to download and install XQuartz;
> this is a reasonable way to handle making a component optional.

I obviously missed this bit in the discussions (which, I must admit, I
did not read all of the posts) about people having trouble installing
X11 and XQuartz for ML.

So as long as the upgrade is free (which I'm 99% sure it will be), I
might just do the upgrade as soon as I can afford to buy another 500 GB
(or larger) drive to back my system up to....  I never trust any system
upgrade to not screw with my files.  In fact, after the last update to
OS X Lion removed a few things I installed (without asking for my
permission or telling me it was going to do so), I don't let updates run
at all anymore...

Thanks,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)          | DMR: So fsck was originally called