phinze/homebrew-cask on the same system like MacPorts

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 00:24:51 PST 2013

On 01/01/2013 08:13 AM, Markus Neuenschwander wrote:

> I switched back to MacPorts, because brew have to less packaged
> software. Now found an interesting project about native GUI applications.
>
> https://github.com/phinze/homebrew-cask#readme
>
> Can I install both on my MacBook Air?

I wouldn't recommend having both Mac Ports & homebrew (cask or
otherwise) installed & in regular use at the same time on the same machine.

For more info on the subject, check the list archives where you'll find
plenty of advice (just search for homebrew and/or /usr/local).

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical,