Gimp's dockable dialogs always on top

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sat Jan 5 09:21:45 PST 2013

On Jan 5, 2013, at 10:17 AM, Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche at math.ntnu.no> wrote:

> [Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche at math.ntnu.no> (2013-01-05 15:44:13 UTC)]
>
>> Oh, crap. But thanks for the info. It's time to abondon gimp and go
>> shopping for some commercial software, I'm afraid.
>
> I was just informed (off-list) that there is a native (i.e., non-x11)
> OS X binary. It seems to work fine, and saves me from selling my soul
> to Adobe for a while yet. But the macports one goes out.

Where did you find this OS X binary? Gimp 2.8.2 on Fedora 18 beta as of November was doing display compensation correctly, but I'm skeptical it will do it correctly on OS X (which is rather anti-social when it comes to allowing applications to opt out of system level color management, when the application implements such things itself).

Chris Murphy