Side effects?

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Thu Jan 31 15:24:16 PST 2013

On 01/02/2013, at 4:00 AM, macports-users-request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:

>> It is routinely a GSoC project, and since we were not chosen last year it has definitely fallen behind.
>>
>>> BTW, does Macports have a nice safe GUI?
>
> If I knew what tools to use on Apple Mac, I might have a crack
> at it myself.  I have had quite a bit of experience with designing
> and programming GUIs, databases, SQL, Shell scripts and an
> in-house GUI-based build system where I used to work.

Ian I just poured boiling water on the idea :-)
but
Qt from macports works well, is easy and is nice. It frees the 'simple clean and nice language buried in C++' (not my words).
It is very configurable, I don't like apple's No Mnumonics and hijack the menu to the toolbar. Qt lets me do it my way.

James