pdflib

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jul 29 11:39:30 PDT 2013

On Jul 29, 2013, at 11:55, Avijit Shee wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Avijit Shee wrote:
>> Basically, I have reinstalled Xcode and trying it fresh now after facing the problem before. Previously, I had installed command-line-tools inside Xcode. But then following the suggestion of this forum i reinstalled command-line-tools from apple developer's site. I had not explicitly removed previous command-line-tools. Now, i am doing the following:
>> sudo /Developer/Library/uninstall-devtools –mode=all
>> after that i will reiterate all the process. what are the suggestions? Thanks again.
>
> still, i have not been able to install pdflib. i will appreciate your suggestions. is it a code error? i have unsuccessfully tried with different version of command line tools.

So, please confirm:

You have uninstalled Xcode using the uninstall-devtools script?
You have reinstalled Xcode from the App Store?
You have reinstalled the command line tools?
It still fails with the error message "/usr/include/strings.h:74:47: error: expected function body after function declarator"?

Line 74 of /usr/include/strings.h reads:

int	 bcmp(const void *, const void *, size_t) __POSIX_C_DEPRECATED(200112L);

Character 47 is the beginning of __POSIX_C_DEPRECATED. __POSIX_C_DEPRECATED should be defined in /usr/include/sys/cdefs.h like this:

#define __POSIX_C_DEPRECATED(ver) ___POSIX_C_DEPRECATED_STARTING_##ver

Could you attach your copy of /usr/include/sys/cdefs.h so we can check if it's the same as ours?